E30 series BMW 3
since 1983-1994 of release
Repair and car operation
- 1. Maintenance instruction
1.1.2. Overall dimensions
1.1.3. Place of the driver
1.1.5. Keys for the car equipped with an immobilizer
1.1.6. Window regulators
1.1.7. Safety cushions
1.1.8. Board computer
1.1.12. Counter of the total passable way
1.1.13. Sound signal
1.1.14. 3-step automatic transmission
1.1.15. 4-step automatic transmission
1.1.16. Mechanical transmission
1.1.17. Hand brake
1.1.18. Period of a running in of the car
1.1.20. Threefold catalytic converter
1.1.21. Engine oil
1.1.23. Ruled cargo placements in a luggage carrier
1.1.24. Start-up of the engine and driving
1.1.25. Driving receptions
1.1.26. Trailer towage
1.1.27. Actions at refusal of start-up of the engine
1.1.28. A start order from the additional battery
1.1.29. If the engine decayed during movement
1.1.30. Actions at an engine overheat
1.1.31. Actions at a wheel puncture
1.1.32. Ruled towings
1.1.33. Pressure check in tires
1.1.34. Check of a condition and replacement of tires
1.1.35. Shift of wheels
1.1.36. Installation of winter tires and chains
1.1.37. Check of an external condition of the battery
1.1.38. Battery charging
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engine
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. Exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Running gear
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Good advice
High temperature of cooling liquid, capacity loss by the engine or strong ringing knocks indicate an engine overheat. In this case an operations procedure such is.
1. Curtail on a roadside, stop and include signals of an emergency stop. Transfer the lever to situation P (on automatic transmission) or in neutral situation (on mechanical transmission), put the car on the hand brake. Switch off the conditioner (if it was included).
2. If a radiator leave steam or liquid pours out, stop the engine. After the steam-out will stop open a cowl. If steam-out or liquid it is not observed, the engine do not stop, be convinced that the fan of system of cooling works. If the fan does not rotate, switch off ignition.
3. Check survey integrity of a belt of a drive of the pump of cooling liquid. Check existence of leaks from a radiator, hoses and from below the engine. Keep in mind that if the conditioner was switched on, from units of the conditioner water running off is allowed.
4. If the belt is torn, or there is a leakage of liquid, immediately stop the engine and call in car-care center service.
5. If the belt is whole and podtekaniye are not present, check availability of liquid in a broad tank. If the tank is empty, add liquid on the working engine. Fill a tank approximately to the middle.
It is not allowed to remove a stopper of a jellied mouth of a radiator on the hot engine. Otherwise it is possible to burn escaping under pressure steam or liquid.
6. After liquid cooling to normal temperature again check level in a tank. If level strongly fell, in system of cooling there is a leak and the car is subject to immediate repair (address in car-care center).