E30 series BMW 3
since 1983-1994 of release
Repair and car operation
+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance
- 3. Engine
+ 3.1.2. Specifications
+ 3.2. Dismantle and major maintenance of the engine
- 3.3. Engine electric equipment
3.3.3. The battery - engine start-up in emergency situations
3.3.4. Removal and battery installation
3.3.5. Power cables
+ 3.3.6. Ignition system
+ 3.3.7. System of a charge of the battery
+ 3.3.8. System of start-up of the engine
3.3.9. Malfunctions of the generator
3.3.10. Main malfunctions of electric equipment
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. Exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Running gear
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Good advice
3.3. Engine electric equipment
System of ignition of TCI (Transistorized Coil Ignition in designation of the manufacturer) the 4-cylinder engine
System of ignition of Motronic of the 6-cylinder engine
The system of electric equipment of the engine includes ignition system, system of a charging of the battery and system of start-up of the engine. Because these systems are an integral part of the engine, their consideration is carried out separately from body electric equipment (for example, devices of lighting, measuring devices, etc.) which is considered in section 13.
At care of electric equipment observe the following rules.
1) Observe extreme care at check of details and electric equipment devices. At the wrong connection, or the inept address of the device of electric equipment of the engine quickly fail.
2) It is forbidden to leave a long time ignition included on the idle engine.
3) It is forbidden to disconnect cables from the battery on the working engine.
4) At emergency start-up of the engine from the battery of other car observe polarity of connection of the battery.
5) Always disconnect the battery from weight first of all, and connect to weight during the most last moment, in order to avoid a casual zakorachivaniye of the battery.