E30 series BMW 3
since 1983-1994 of release
Repair and car operation
+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance
- 3. Engine
+ 3.1.2. Specifications
+ 3.2. Dismantle and major maintenance of the engine
- 3.3. Engine electric equipment
3.3.3. The battery - engine start-up in emergency situations
3.3.4. Removal and battery installation
3.3.5. Power cables
+ 3.3.6. Ignition system
- 3.3.7. System of a charge of the battery
188.8.131.52. Check of system of a charge of the battery
184.108.40.206. Tension regulator
+ 3.3.8. System of start-up of the engine
3.3.9. Malfunctions of the generator
3.3.10. Main malfunctions of electric equipment
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. Exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Running gear
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Good advice
System of a charge of the battery
On considered cars systems of a charge of 2 types – Bosch and Motorola with rated current 65 are established, 80 and 90 A.Regulyator of tension is mounted on the generator. In system of a charge of Bosch the regulator of tension can be removed from the generator.
The drive of the generator is carried out from a belt with wedge-shaped section. Generators are mounted on the left side of the engine irrespective of model.
Periodic care of system of a charge is reduced to care of the battery and check of a tension of a belt. Periodicity of survey – through каждве 500 km or weekly (that will come earlier).
The control lamp of charge / inclusion of ignition on the dashboard lights up at inclusion of ignition and after start-up of the engine dies away. If the lamp does not die away after engine start-up, in a chain of a charge is faulty. Some cars are equipped with the voltmeter. If the voltmeter shows very high or very low voltage, the chain of a charge needs check (see subsection 220.127.116.11).
1) At connection of the battery with the generator always observe polarity of connection.
2) Before repair of any site of the car by electric welding disconnect wires from the generator and from a battery pole.
3) It is forbidden to start the engine at the connected charger.
4) It is forbidden to disconnect cables from battery or generator poles on the working engine.
5) The generator is attached directly to the battery therefore at a zakorachivaniye of conclusions of the generator, or at its overload, formation of an arch and a fire is possible.
6) Before washing of the engine cover the generator a polyethylene film.